Monday, February 11, 2013

Grammys gives even more awards this year

   Here's a list of all the Grammy winners

   To be clear, I don't give a damn about the Grammys.  At the same time, I hate the idea that everyone deserves a trophy.  I also hate most of the artists/songs that won. 

   While I refused to watch this year's Grammys, I heard mumblings that the Black Keys did well.  Another trophy?  That must be a pretty hollow victory for the sue-happy group.  The Black Keys took Pinnacle Entertainment, Pizza Hut and the Home Depot to court last year over almost-copyright infringement.  How dare someone try to mimic a sound that's atrocious to begin with.

   Even  I was nominated for a Grammy for Best New Undergraduate Music Blog at a Satellite Campus in Western Pa.  I'm honored.

   I'm also disturbed that Fun's "We Are Young" won song of the year.  Perhaps people haven't realized that the track is about domestic violence.  Also, "We Are Young,"  is a terrible song.  Its hook is boring, its tempo changes are completely unnecessary, the chorus has nothing to do with the verses, it's a poor attempt at yet another teenage anthem, It's about beating your girlfriend.

   A few more sub-par songs won a Grammys, but they aren't worth discussing.  Yet again, I'm disappointed in the state of the music industry and the standard of music as a whole.

1 comment:

  1. I never knew that it was about beating your girlfriend .... I just thought it was a depressing song.

    ReplyDelete