Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tuxedo Junction's Manager Gets a Promotion

   Shortly after his twenty-second birthday and my announced resignation from 3 Way Street, Chuck, my friend and former drummer, received a call to try out as local country artist Frank Vieira's drummer.  A few days later, Chuck got some good news.  He posted a status earlier today, saying:


"Looks like im [sic] the new drummer for country artist Frank Vieira. My first show with the band is April 13th at The Hard Rock Cafe in Station Square! We will be opening for East Coast Turnaround! See you all there!"

   I cannot begin to express how proud I am of Chuck and how hard I'm pulling for him.  Chuck is an excellent young drummer who will continue to improve, especially now that he's surrounded by other talented, driven musicians.

  Chuck's departure also can't bode well for 3 Way Street.  The band lost its front man and second guitarist as well as its drummer within days of each other.  Looks like it's back to the drawing boards for the Speranza brothers.

   Congrats, Chuck.

1 comment: