Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Stupid Bowl


   He said it right:  The Halftime Show is getting worse and worse every year.  In the past few years, we've had to endure the likes of Nikki Minaj, M.I.A. and the Black Eyed Peas.  Does it get much worse?

   The Halftime Show is almost like the State of the Union.  In the 80's, we had tributes to Motown and Brill Building.  Now what?  Our standard of music has plummeted dramatically if the most watched performance all year will be by Beyonce.  Please, Superbowl Halftime Planning Commission:  Get your collective heads out of your asses and put a decent act onstage.  


  And no Patrick, The Rollings Stones are not a decent act.  Neither is Aerosmith.

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree. The super bowl acts just seem to get worse every year. The Black Eyed Peas were absolutely horrible. I extremely dislike Nikki Minaj. I used to like Beyonce but I feel my music interests has grown and definitely changed. I think she was awesome before. Honestly, right now she just annoys me because she is everywhere. I'm so sick of hearing about her and Minaj. Where did all the good music go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's still some good indie music, but it's very much hidden. Record stores used to help a lot, I think. Like good bookstores, they offered a huge variety of options for many different tastes and they were staffed by people who could help direct you to new things you might like. The internet helps like this, too, but it doesn't feel as personal to me. Luckily in Pittsburgh, we still have some book stores. And there's a great record store in Bloomfield -- Soundcat -- where you can find some amazing unexpected stuff. (And it's completely a Nikki Minaj- and Beyonce-free zone.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Beyonce's performance! :( You didn't like it at all?

    ReplyDelete