Saturday, January 26, 2013

Norwin's Got Talent con't.

   At 8:00 pm Wednesday night, the night before Norwin's Got Talent's final dress rehearsal, Norwin's surly principal kindly informed us of a policy change.  Apparently, Norwin alumni like myself are no longer allowed to help their younger siblings in their talent show skits.  The timing couldn't have been more annoying.

   Emmarie and I were faced with a choice:  Either Emmarie had to rely on a YouTube karaoke version of her song, or I had to record her a backing track.  Obviously, we chose the latter.  Emmarie is exponentially more comfortable performing with my sound backing her up.  She's accustomed to it.

   So, I went to work.  Track after track, I cut, deleted and mixed guitar after guitar.

   Suddenly, my basement transformed into a studio.


True to my ghetto nature, I did it all with the free, open source software Audacity.



   Two hours later, I had a satisfactory track.


Don't share this video:  I'm giving Emmarie an unfair advantage as it is.





1 comment:

  1. That's truly horrible timing. Why didn't they tell everyone about the new policy sooner? The track sounds pretty great though. The Diary of Jane is a great song. I love Breaking Benjamin.

    ReplyDelete