Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Those Kicks / Final Practices before Saturday

   Sometimes you get a song out of your head, which is normal.  Ever go on a kick?  It's a little different from singing one song, perserveratingly.

   I've had an Atreyu song stuck in my head all day.  That's typical of me.  I listen to Atreyu on Pandora everytime I go to the gym.

   I'm on a little bit of a different kick, though:  I'm on a huge System kick.

   I just can't get enough of System of a Down, lately.  I eat and breath SystemI'm humming a System song every day.  Oddly enough, while practicing in Village Hall last night with Chris and Ziggy, Ziggy's friend even asked me to play Hypnotize, posted below.

 
  
   I played the song on Music Choice just last week.  The family member who relinquished the remote always enjoys/is intriqued by the harder stuff I listen to, up to Lamb of God.  The growling is off-putting to him.  He hates System, though.  Serj's voice is ear-grating to him.  Ironically, Serj looks a bit like Brian May, the guitarist of Queen:  the band he worships.  Jolly 'ol Bri is posted below.
 
 
 
 
//////////////////
 
 
   As previously mentioned, Chris, Ziggy and I went through our penultimate practice last night in Village Hall.  We covered the half dozen songs Chris and Ziggy play and about ten songs 3 Way Street plays.  I introduced two originals, "It Doesn't Matter" and an Adam Sandler-sounding screw-off song, "Maijuana."  Chris introduced three originals that I cannot wait to play.  Practice took forever and at one point, Vince, Scott and their friend stopped by and Vince co-opted me to teach him a lick on guitar. 
 
   Correction about the Hookah show:  We play from 8:00 pm till late.  NOT 9, AS I MISTAKENLY SAID IN MY LAST POST.
   


5 comments:

  1. I read that one line "co-opted me to teach him to lick the guitar." I was very confused for a moment.I like getting obsessed with a band for a while though. It's always a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hypnotize is the first System song I ever heard back in junior high.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love system of a down! It's such a great song you have posted there! An excellent request! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kramer -- I'm fascinated by all the links you have here. Very curious! But a lot of them don't work so now I'm even more curious. Hmmm. Ponder. Ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The related video clips are great on for your blog (and I like some System of a Down).

    ReplyDelete