Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Practice Problems

   Requisite practice time is rare.  Oftentimes, 3 Way Street takes the stage with little to no preparation.  We are masters of improv; like athletes performing despite having not practiced all week or models that have yet to try on their clothes.

   All four members work.  Chuck works full time and then some.  Chris, JJ and I are full time students and three of us have significant others as well.  It seems the four of us spend more time whining about lack of practice time than we do organizing actual rehearsals.

   How is practice time usually spent?  We typically run through our songs a few times.  We make fun of each other.  Then we wrestle.  Then we usually end up drunkOne of us is typically throwing up in the bathroom, another wants to sleep and the other two are giggling like intoxicated hyenas.

   Such is life as a small, local band.

   I fully acknowledge underage drinking is a crime and neither I nor 3 Way Street condone the underage consumption of intoxicating beverages.

1 comment:

  1. I like the disclaimer about underage drinking. Such as life as a small town though. It's not just because you are in a band. Anyone who grew up around here drank before they turned 21. I know I did. No worries. Which one are you? Throwing up, sleeping or giggling. I'm a giggler.

    ReplyDelete